Art of Spiritual Direction is a residency program. All participants will be in residence for the full 21 days of the program.
Dates for the intensives:
Intensive 1: TBA
Intensive 2: TBA
Intensive 3: TBA
Intensive 4: TBA
Applications will open:
Beginning January 1, 2025
- Applicants must receive ongoing regular spiritual direction for at least a year prior to the start of the program.
- Our standard and preferred course prerequisite for Art of Spiritual Direction is the completion of SoulStream’s one-year program, Living From the Heart.
We recognize that people interested in our program will come from many different experiences of spiritual formation. If you are seriously interested in the Art of Spiritual Direction and want to know if your experience of spiritual formation could be a prerequisite in lieu of Living from the Heart, please refer to the Pre-application page here.
The primary lens our team uses to consider applications is a careful review and discernment of suitability and resonance with the heart of our program.
Your application will be complete once SoulStream receives the following items by the June 1, 2025 deadline:
- $75 CDN non-refundable application fee.
- Your online response to the application questions: Art of Spiritual Direction Application Form (link to come)
- Two references:
- One online reference from your spiritual director. Forward this link to your spiritual director (link to come)
- One online reference from someone you respect deeply and who can speak to your life of faith and your growing interest in spiritual direction. This should not be a close family member. Forward this link to your reference (link to come)
Program Fees and Payment Schedule
Total Program Costs: TBA
SoulStream recognizes that unforeseen circumstances may arise that may cause participants to withdraw from the cohort. However, the format of the course makes it difficult to fill vacancies left by last minute cancellations and SoulStream faces our own cancellation fees and non-recoverable prepayments. With this in mind, the cancellation policy for Art of Spiritual Direction is:
- Accepted program participants who cancel before September 1, 2023, will be reimbursed 50% of the total course fees plus 10% of the total accommodation fees.
- Accepted program participants who cancel after September 1, 2023, will receive no reimbursement of the total course fees but will receive 10% of the total accommodation fees.
* For options to fit Art of Spiritual Direction into your life financially, see FAQ: Is there financial support available?