Your Contemplative Journey
Because one’s own experience of God is at the heart of how we offer spiritual direction, we need to know about your contemplative journey. Please respond to the following questions in an essay (4 to 5 double-spaced typewritten pages, maximum length):
• Tell us about yourself (who you are, your inner world, the relationships and structures that sustain you and hold meaning for you, your relationship to a community of faith).
• What experiences in your life has God used to clarify for you some specific places of deep brokenness?
• How would you describe your experience of God’s work of care and transformation?
• How would you describe your deepening trust in God’s loving presence and action in your life?
• Tell us about your experience of prayer and your sense of God’s movement in your prayer life.
• Tell us about one person, one event or one book in whom (or which) you encountered God deeply. Describe how this impacted you and has affected your sense of yourself, others, and the movements of God within you and within your life.
Once you have located your file from your computer, it will be attached and sent to us with your form responses when you click the "Submit Application and Pay with PayPal" button. You will receive an automatic email notification with a copy of all of your answers to this form for your records.